Vegetable Irrigation Methods
- March 27, 7-8 p.m., Meyera E. Oberndorf Central Library, 4100 Virginia Beach Blvd, Virginia Beach
- VCE Master Gardeners, firstname.lastname@example.org, 757-385-8156
Virginia Cooperative Extension helps you learn how to improve your watering methods while conserving water, reducing runoff, and preventing potential weed growth. Free and open to the public.
Green Thumb Gardening Series
- April 11-May 9, 11 a.m.-2 p.m., Hampton Roads AREC, 1444 Diamond Springs Road, Virginia Beach
- VCE Master Gardeners, email@example.com,
This Virginia Cooperative Extension lunch ‘n’ learn series offers classes, workshops and tours in partnership with VCE Master Gardeners of Hampton Roads. Cost is $8 per session or $30 for all five sessions: April 11: Growing and Using Herbs; April 18: Straw Bale Gardening; April 25: Potager and Small Space Year Round Gardening; May 2: Shade Gardening; May 9: Best Fruits and Berries for Tidewater.
Seed Starting Workshop
- April 15, 2 p.m., Grissom Library, 366 DeShazor Drive, Newport News
Learn techniques from the Virginia Cooperative Extension’s Horticulture Program Assistant Jeffrey Williams. All supplies provided by the library. Free, but registration required, beginning April 1.