Tender and Flavorful Slow Cooker Pork and Beef Roast
Combining two types of meat adds lovely layers of flavor to Gail Springsteen’s Slow Cooker Pork and Beef Roast. I guarantee this will become a favorite Sunday dinner for your family. Be sure to use a larger slow cooker because this recipe makes a lot. And, customize the veggies based on your taste buds. The options are endless!
3 lb beef roast
3 lb pork roast
1 lb carrots, peeled and cut into chunks
4 potatoes, washed, cut into chunks (peel if you wish)
8 oz fresh mushrooms
3 medium onions, peeled, cut into chunks
1 pkg onion soup mix
1 pkg brown gravy mix
1 tbsp olive oil
3 tbsp butter
Salt and pepper
• Add olive oil and butter to a frying pan. Melt butter over medium to medium-high heat.
• Cut roasts in half so you have four chunks of meat.
• Salt and pepper each chunk as you wish.
• Brown meat in the frying pan on all sides. Set aside.
• Put vegetables into the slow cooker. Lay browned meat on top.
• Cook on high for 4-6 hours.
• Remove the meat and vegetables to a platter or bowl.
• Put the onion soup mix and brown gravy mix in a medium saucepan.
• Whisk in the juices from the slow cooker and warm on medium heat, stirring occasionally, until it comes to a boil.
• Lower to a simmer and cook, stirring constantly, for at least one minute.
• Return your meat and veggies to the slow cooker and pour the gravy over it.
Your New Weeknight Go-to Dinner—Skillet Lasagna
Looking to make something easy for dinner? Try Tammy Todd’s Skillet Lasagna. So easy and quick to prepare, it’s perfect for a fast meal after a long work day! Even the pickiest of eaters will love this recipe. And don’t worry about leftovers... this tastes even better the next day
1 lb ground beef
1/2 lb mild Italian sausage
1 jar tomato & basil pasta sauce, 26 oz
1 c water
6 lasagna noodles, uncooked (broken into 2 inch pieces)
12 oz cottage cheese
1/2 c grated Parmesan cheese
1 tbsp dried parsley
2 c shredded Italian blend cheese
1 small green pepper (about half a cup)
1/4 c onion
• In a large skillet cook together ground beef and sausage. Halfway through add the green peppers and onion.
• Cook until meat is cooked through and onions are clear. Drain.
• Stir in pasta sauce, water and uncooked broken lasagna noodles.
• Reduce heat to medium low and cover with a lid. Cook for 20 - 25 min. Stir occasionally until pasta is almost tender.
• Meanwhile, in a small bowl, mix cottage cheese, Parmesan, parsley and egg. Spread over partially cooked meat mixture. Sprinkle with the shredded cheese.
• Cover again and cook 10 - 15 min. longer or until cottage cheese mix is set and pasta is tender.