Contest Rules and Disclaimers
*Contests are open to Active Duty Military, Retired Military, Military Spouses, Veterans and Active Reservist. You must present I.D. (or DD214) in order to pickup tickets or to be added to willcall.
• Winners must be 18 years old or older, parents or legal guardian must claim prize(s), even though prizes can or may be used by a minor. If prizes require winner to be of legal age, winner must be of legal age requirement to claim prize(s).
• Only one winner per household, per (30) thirty days, unless otherwise notified in individual contest rules.
• All prizes will be at will call, emailed, mailed or required in person pickup by winner to winner with proper I.D. unless otherwise notified at our discretion.
• Any grand prize(s) that total over $600, may be subject to an IRS 1099 form and winner must provide a valid Social Security Number. All taxes for prize(s) that are subject to IRS taxation, payment of that tax is the responsibility of the winner(s). Winners of grand prize(s) are required to complete affidavits of eligibility and a release form in order to receive that grand prize(s).
• No prize substitution will be made, no trades, no cash value, and prize(s) are not transferable.
• All winners agree that neither The Military Newspapers of Virginia, nor any other participating sponsor will be liable for any injury that may occur in connection with winners acceptance of any contest prize(s).
• The Military Newspapers of Virginia is not responsible for events canceled by a venue or promoter and will not replace prize(s).
• The Military Newspapers of Virginia and all participating sponsors reserve the right to use the winner’s name and likeness and the fact that he/she has won a prize(s) in publicizing this and any contest.
• Contests are not open to full or part-time employees of The Military Newspapers of Virginia, any of their affiliated corporations, or any of their advertising agencies, immediate family members of such employees, or any of their assigns or licensees.
• Once a person wins a grand prize valued at $1,000 dollars or more, cash or prize(s), they or any member of their immediate family or member of their household may not participate in any contest or newspaper-sponsored contest for a period of (1) one year from winning, unless otherwise notified in individual contest rules.
• If prize that contestant wins is an event and such event is canceled due to an Act of God, The Military Newspapers of Virginia reserves the right and contestant understands that may include forfeiture of event, if such event cannot be rescheduled. Contestant will still receive any and all other prizes associated with event.
• The Military Newspapers of Virginia reserves the right to amend or change the rules at any time.
• The Military Newspapers of Virginia may exclude any contestant from being a winner and claiming a prize(s), if that contestant has broken any of the rules listed in this document.
• All decisions made by The Military Newspapers of Virginia are final.
Below are some examples of acceptable Identification.